Localizaton

Sep 13, 2011 at 1:43 AM

hi,

I like this way and i am using this method in my projects. Now i have a product which includes localization also. So how can i includes resouce files? Which layer or i create seperate projects in the solution for this? And also i have Silverlight application and can i include this as a seperate UI type project?

Coordinator
Sep 13, 2011 at 1:48 AM

Localization should be handled on the Presentation layer if possible. You may want to checkout ASP.NET's localization capabilities. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/c6zyy3s9.aspx

As for Silverlight, I have not really dealt with it in detail yet. However, you should be creating Silverlight UI for Presentation and Silverlight Class Libraries for UI.Process. This is a design limitation in silverlight that it cannot share the full framework classes. Creating a Silverlight UI.Process should be able to solve the problem since your back-end is exposed as a WCF Service.

// Serena

Sep 13, 2011 at 5:30 AM

Thanks for your reply. But i  didn't got clear idea about localization. I need to display all labels even error messages and validations in local language. So how i get resource mesaage in business / wcf fault contract or validation messages. Tell me if i am wrong.

At present we are maintain seperate projects for resource files of seperates modules...

Coordinator
Sep 13, 2011 at 5:33 AM

You need to leverage on what is provided by .NET framework for that. Use satellite assemblies for your localization. If you have no choice, then store your localize data in the database. There are many ways to achieve what you want to do, you just need to research on it a little. :)

// Serena