LeaveProcessComponent

Oct 11, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Thanks for this very clear sample of a layered architecture. I've been looking at the MVC version.
I have one question about the LeaveProcessComponent.
What is the purpose of this extra layer on the client between the controller and the proxies?
In this example I do not see the purpose. But perhaps you can tell me how it can/should be used when really implementing this?
Coordinator
Oct 11, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Hi,

It is serves as a component for isolating the distributed communications technology, in this case WCF, from the Controller. This will allow you to upgrade or replace it with other technologies without affecting your Controller, should you need to in future i.e. replace WCF with WEB API.

You can choose to merge it with your controller but you may find the code distracting.

Hugs,
Serena
Dec 11, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Don't quite get it.

If I don't use WF, WCF in my architecture, but use Web API as service layer, how do I structure them?

Would be good if you can make a example like that.

btw, nice work.
Coordinator
Dec 27, 2013 at 11:42 AM
You can replace the WCF service layer with WEB API and change all calls from the UI.Process Controller classes to use HttpClient calls to the service layer instead.

I was working on a WEB API sample but gave up after I discovered that WEB API cannot support WF (and vice versa). I also tried to go deep into modifying the WF infrastructure to support REST calls but I failed to do it.

Hugs,
Serena