MVC-SignalR-API-EF Complie Error

Jun 26, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Howdy All,
I just downloaded the MVC-SignalR-API-EF project so that I could see how it's code looked compared to the typical template. However, after I open the solution, restored/updated the packages, then installed the Enterprise Lib6 I get an error. I assume the error would have been there prior to the package restore/update but, it could be a versional issue.

The error I receive is in the HomeController on the following line;
private IHubConnectionContext _clients = GlobalHost.ConnectionManager.GetHubContext<LeaveActionHub>().Clients;

I'm new to SignalR and promise I have some time slated to read up on it, so I apologize if this is something I should have already known the answer to. The error is prompting me to add a type argument to the var IHubConnectionContext.

Is this error due to a newer version of SignalR, or is there more to configure other than just the db?

Thanks in advance
Jun 26, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Found the answer, hope it helps the next wayward soul;

SignalR Breaking Changes 2.1.0
IHubConnectionContext changed to IHubConnectionContext<T>
To support the new strongly typed client Hubs (#2449) the interfaces IHubConnectionContext and IHubCallerConnectionContext had to be made generic. To continue using these types with a dynamic client method contract, as in previous versions, just specify the generic type argument as dynamic, e.g.
IHubConnectionContext<dynamic> context = GlobalHost.ConnectionManager.GetHubContext<MyHub>();