Please read the accompanying README.txt file for setup and installation instructions.
This is the public release of the Expense sample application V3 for .NET 3.5. If there are no issues with this release, I hope to focus on .NET 3.5 SP1 features next.
- Namespaces renamed to map more closely to Application Architecture Guide V2.
- Data Layer and Business Entities now use LINQ-to-SQL.
- WCF/WF integration now use .NET 3.5 WorkflowServices.
- Architecture diagram is included.
- WPF experimental client has been removed.
- MSMQ support has been removed.
- State-machine workflow has been removed.
- Experimental Smart Client Software Factory (SCSF) client (available as separate download).
- Fixed Web Clients
- Fixed SCSF Client
- Fixed Windows Service Host and Web Host
This version is only supported on Visual Studio 2008
Previous stable version for Visual Studio 2005 and .NET 3.0
can be found herehttp://www.codeplex.com/LayerSample/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=11916
This sample contains 15 Visual Studio 2008 projects that illustrates the following:Presentation Layer
- Expense Application - A Windows Forms client for expense submission.
- Manager Application - A Windows Forms client for approving expense.
- UI Process - Contains user process components.
- Web Application - Contains the ASP.NET version of the expense submission and approver application.
- Business Components - Contains Business logic classes.
- Business Entities - Contains entity classes that are used in the application.
- Business Workflows - Contains the Sequential Expense Workflow class.
- Workflow Activities - Contains custom workflow activities.
- Workflow Services - Contains the Local Service (ExternalDataExchangeService) implementation.
- Service Contracts - Contains WCF Service Contracts.
- Services - Contains WCF service implementation (non WorkflowService).
- Data - Contains components that performs CRUD functions.
About the SCSF Client
- Console Host - Console host for the WCF Services.
- Windows Service Host - Windows Service host for the WCF Services.
- WebHost - IIS host for the WCF Expense Services.
You need to install the Smart Client Software Factory April 2008 edition. Extract the SCSF Client directly into the ExpenseSample folder so that an UI.SCSFClient folder is created under the ExpenseSample folder. The SCSF Client has its own Solution and README.TXT files.
For more information on Application Architecture for .NET, please refer to the following Microsoft patterns & practices guide http://www.codeplex.com/AppArchGuide
Please report any issues for this release in Issue Tracker http://www.codeplex.com/LayerSample/WorkItem/List.aspx
Please feel free to feedback on this release in Discussions http://www.codeplex.com/LayerSample/Thread/List.aspx
Thank You for downloading Layered Architecture Sample. :)