Please read the accompanying README.txt file for setup and installation instructions.
This is the public release of the Expense sample application V3.5 for .NET 3.5 SP1 which contains an example of using ADO.NET Entity Framework in the Layered Architecture. This version is only supported on Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1
- Data Layer and Business Entities now use ADO.NET Entity Framework.
- Updated architecture diagram included.
- Renamed the Presentation Layer namespaces.
- Changed ASP.NET Web Sites to ASP.NET Web Projects.
- Removed manual proxies and use svcutil.exe (Add Service Reference) generated proxies.
- Changed primary key types in database to reflect recommended practices.
Previous stable version for Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.5
can be found herehttp://www.codeplex.com/LayerSample/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=19929
Previous stable version for Visual Studio 2005 and .NET 3.0
can be found herehttp://www.codeplex.com/LayerSample/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=11916
This sample contains 15 Visual Studio 2008 SP1 projects that illustrates the following:Presentation Layer
- Expense Application - A Windows Forms client for expense submission.
- Manager Application - A Windows Forms client for approving expense.
- UI Process - Contains user process components.
- Web Application - Contains the ASP.NET version of the expense submission and approver application.
- Business Components - Contains Business logic classes.
- Business Entities - Contains entity classes that are used in the application.
- Business Workflows - Contains the Sequential Expense Workflow class.
- Workflow Activities - Contains custom workflow activities.
- Workflow Services - Contains the Local Service (ExternalDataExchangeService) implementation.
- Service Contracts - Contains WCF Service Contracts.
- Services - Contains WCF service implementation (non WorkflowService).
- Data - Contains components that performs CRUD functions.
- Console Host - Console host for the WCF Services.
- Windows Service Host - Windows Service host for the WCF Services.
- WebHost - IIS host for the WCF Expense Services.
For more information on Application Architecture for .NET, please refer to the following Microsoft patterns & practices guide http://www.codeplex.com/AppArchGuide
Please report any issues for this release in Issue Tracker
Please feel free to feedback on this release in Discussions
Thank You for downloading Layered Architecture Sample. Please help spread the news about Layered Architecture Sample :)