Thank You for downloading Layered Architecture Sample. Please help spread the news about Layered Architecture Sample :) Please read the accompanying README.txt file for setup and installation instructions.
This is the beta release of the Expense sample application V4.0 which contains migrated projects for .NET Framework 4.0. This version is only supported on Visual Studio 2010
- Illustrates the use of Message Types.
- Business Entities now use ADO.NET Entity Framework POCO.
- Upgraded Workflow Services to WF4.
- Data Context moved to Data Layer.
- Layer Diagram included.
- Upgraded ASP.NET Web client using new VS template.
- Auto-refresh in ASP.NET Web clients.
- New WPF Expense Submitter client.
Previous stable version for Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.5 SP1
can be found herehttp://layersample.codeplex.com/releases/view/22510
Previous stable version for Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.5
can be found herehttp://layersample.codeplex.com/releases/view/19929
Previous stable version for Visual Studio 2005 and .NET 3.0
can be found herehttp://layersample.codeplex.com/releases/view/11916
This sample contains 16 Visual Studio 2010 projects that illustrates the following:Presentation Layer
- Expense Application - A Windows Forms client for expense submission.
- Manager Application - A Windows Forms client for approving expense.
- UI Process - Contains user process components.
- Web Application - Contains the ASP.NET version of the expense submission and approver application.
- WPF Client - A WPF client for expense submission.
- Business Components - Contains Business logic classes.
- Business Entities - Contains entity classes that are used in the application.
- Business Workflows - Contains the Sequential Expense Workflow class.
- Workflow Activities - Contains custom workflow activities.
- Service Contracts - Contains WCF Service Contracts.
- Services - Contains WCF service implementation (non WorkflowService).
- Data - Contains components that performs CRUD functions.
- Console Host - Console host for the WCF Services.
- Windows Service Host - Windows Service host for the WCF Services.
- WebHost - IIS/WAS host for the WCF Expense Services.
- Layer Diagram - Layer diagram of the sample.
For more information on Application Architecture for .NET, please refer to the following Microsoft patterns & practices Application Architecture Guide 2nd Edition http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd673617.aspx
Please report any issues for this release in Issue Tracker
Please feel free to feedback on this release in Discussions