Can we create layered architecture with oracle databse ,just changing in Expanse sample connection string from sql server to oracle.

Jan 23, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I am trying to use layered application with oracle database.can be possibility of layered application with oracle databse.

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Edited Jan 24, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Hi!

Layered Architecture concepts and design practices are technology neutral. Layersample only provides an example on how it can be implemented with Microsoft technologies. Therefore, there is no fixed rule saying that you can't swap out the layers to your own technology preferences in your real world application :)

You can very well develop your own data layer that communicates with an Oracle database (or any other database). As for the sample application, I have not developed/tested it with Oracle in mind. So you may need to do some configuration and modification on your own (i.e. installing the ADO.NET Data Provider and changing some data types) to get it working.

Take note that the WF4 persistence store needs to be on a SQL Server. This is a requirement for WF4. 

Hope it helps.

Hugs,
Serena