Add Service Reference in Presentation Layer

Jun 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Hi, I am in a product which is based on this Layered Archicture. i have implemented list of methods in upto service layer here afer that i host my services in IIS.I have three services are namely EmailService,ApplicationService and GeneralSetupService and i have added three service reference in UI.Process in presentation Layer perfectly. While adding service reference client proxy code generate in App.config in UI.Process for only EmailService and ApplicationService but not generated client proxy code to GeneralSetupService.These are all i can't call GeneralSetup service methods to UI.Process.

Client proxy code needed to past to Web.config in UI.Web in presentation Layer. My Project. Hosts.Web Web.Config code is below

<system.serviceModel> 

<serviceHostingEnvironment multipleSiteBindingsEnabled="true"> 

</serviceHostingEnvironment> 

<services> 

<service behaviorConfiguration="ServiceBehavior"   name="EBMS.Services.EmailService"> 
        <endpoint address="" binding="wsHttpBinding" contract="EBMS.Services.Contracts.IEmailService"  name="Email"  /> 
      </service> 
      <service behaviorConfiguration="ServiceBehavior"  name="EBMS.Services.ApplicationService"> 
        <endpoint address="" binding="wsHttpBinding" contract="EBMS.Services.Contracts.IApplicationService"  name="Application"  /> 
      </service> 
      <service behaviorConfiguration="ServiceBehavior"  name="EBMS.Services.GeneralSetupService"> 
        <endpoint address="" binding="wsHttpBinding" contract="EBMS.Services.Contracts.IGeneralSetupService"  name="GeneralSetup"  /> 
      </service> 

</services> 

<behaviors> 
      <serviceBehaviors> 
        <behavior name="ServiceBehavior"> 
          <!-- To avoid disclosing metadata information, 
          set the value below to false and remove the metadata endpoint above before deployment --> 
          <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="True"/> 
          <!-- To receive exception details in faults for debugging purposes, 
          set the value below to true.  Set to false before deployment 
          to avoid disclosing exception information --> 
          <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="true" /> 
        </behavior> 
      </serviceBehaviors> 
    </behaviors> 
  </system.serviceModel>

But i can able to browse call GeneralSetupService.svc and Where and what i have missed in this scenario?

Coordinator
Jul 31, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Hi,

Are you able to browse to the WSDL of the GeneralSetupService.svc?

Also, are you adding to the right URL?

Just some thoughts only because this does appear to be very strange incident.

Hugs,
Serena