Shared Layer

Jun 14, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Edited Jun 14, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Hi There,

I'm trying out the leave sample and I'm taking a look at the layers on the sample.
The layer called "Shared" contains two projects Entities and Framework.
Is there where should I put my database entities? Ex: UserEntity
What is the project Framework related to? Should I put there the Entity Framework? Ex: Entity Framework
If so then what should I put in the Data layer?

I just started reading the book this week and I could not find the chapter for that layer.

Regards,
Antonio
Coordinator
Jun 15, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Hi Antonio,

If you go to the main page at http://layersample.codeplex.com, you can see the layer diagram there. :) It should give you an idea of what the stuff in the Shared folder is for :)

Entities are different from Data Layer. Entities are used by all layers. Using Entity framework is a bit tricky, but no worries, I will publish a beta sample of that in a short while :)

Hugs,
Serena
Jun 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Hi Serena,

Thanks very much for both examples, the Entity Framework is awesome!
I still have a doubt, inside the shared layer there is a project called "Framework".
What are you planning to put inside?

Regards,
Antonio
Coordinator
Jun 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Hi Antonio,

I think I overlooked that project when I generated the structure with the LASG automation tool. In general, we put code that are shareable across layers in there i.e. Logging, Auditing and etc. I'm not sure if I would want to put anything in there for now. Perhaps, I will remove it in future versions if I don't intend to put anything in there.

Hugs,
Serena